If you’re an expert with Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks and other softwares, have an eye for good design and you’re looking for design work, we want to hear from you. Here’s what we’re looking and what’s in it for you:
- We are looking for the following resources: icons, vectors, brushes, textures, buttons, and more…!
- You’ll get credit (name and link) for your work for everything you design
- You will get paid on a per-project basis
- We’re really looking to build long term relationships with designers
For those of you interested in applying, make sure you read the requirements below :)
Before you send us your application, there are some things you should know. Here are the basic requirements:
- A lot of design experience. The resources you will be designing will be used by other designers, developer and agencies in their own work, so they have to be really good. We’re creating what we like to call a ‘design toolbox‘. Each of the resources you contribute will need to be very high quality and easy to use by others. If you’ve got this sort of skill then we’d love for you to apply.
- Resell rights. We’re not sure what the exact licensing will look like, but we will need most of the rights for the designs you produce. These designs will be made available to others on a subscription basis, and they will be used commercially without attribution. We will pay fairly for these rights, but please make sure you understand and are okay with this before applying.
- Consistency & professionalism. We’re looking to build long term relationships with other designers, so the perfect applicants should be able to create designs/material regularly, work consistently, be on deadline, and act professionally. It’s common sense really, but it doesn’t hurt to put it in there :)
How To Apply
If you’re interested in applying, just send your application to jobs [at] medialoot [dot] com. Make sure you put “Designer Application” in the subject line and in the body of your message include the following information:
- What kind of design do you specialize in?
- Where can we find your portfolio or past designs?
- Do you meet all of our above requirements? Why or why not?
- What resources do you prefer to design: icons, web elements, textures, brushes, vectors, fonts, templates, other?
- Can you provide us with 2-3 sample projects, and how much you would charge? For example: icon set with 20 icons, cost $xxx.
- Do you have any questions for us?
Me and Mason are very excited about this new project and we hope you’ll consider applying! I’m looking forward to reading your applications and working with many of you in the near future! :)