Wireframes are like the blueprints for the website, a landing page, or an app. They are quite important for creating the perfect UX/UI for the app or website. It’s a visual representation outlining the basic structure of any website or app.
A wireframe is quite simple and it doesn’t have many elements either. It has simple shapes or elements highlighting where each UI element or content piece will go. A wireframe is simple but quite powerful as you can shift the elements or rearrange them according to your needs.
You must create a wireframe first, and then move on to the actual designing. It will help you get the approval of what you are doing before making it to the final stage. If you do this without wireframe, you may have to design the whole thing again.
So, if you want to create a good wireframe, you need to start looking for an app that can help you with the same. Here is a list of apps that are best and popular for creating a wireframe.
The first thing you should know about this tool is that it works on most popular platforms like Mac, Android, iOS, and Windows.
With this app, you can easily design and test your ideas, and it lets you create interactive and demo-ready mockups.
Here are some features:
- It is a cloud-based tool so there is no need to download or update the app, you can access on any device and even integrate it with slack or similar services.
- It lets you work in a team which makes it easier to work.
- It lets you customize the shapes or tool as per your needs.
- You don’t need to be a professional to use this tool. Pros and beginners can use the app alike as it is quite simple to work on.
- You can start using this app for free and then upgrade to a paid version. The other paid options are basic at $4.95, and Pro at $8.95/.
If you are a non-designer, this tool is perfect for you. With Canva, even a person with limited designing can use this tool to make a quick visual wireframe.
With Canva, you get features like:
- You can use the app to drag and drop elements to create your wireframe.
- It also lets you use charts or illustrations to give more depth to your wireframe.
- It is a great tool that can give you the chance to design a wireframe without facing many difficulties. It does rely heavily on templates, so that is something you need to consider.
- The Canva work plan is 12.95/month/user and free for individual use with limited features.
It is a web-based wireframe designing app that lets you create an effective, but basic flowchart solution for companies that requires the same. It provides features such as:
- It has a simple drag and drop interface, which makes it easy for you to create easy wireframes, and collaborate it with others.
- It has ample of basic shapes to help you design like SWOT analysis, mind maps, and Venn diagrams. It also has templates which help in creating wireframe with ease.
- It lets you share the wireframe with anyone on any platform and even edit it also.
- Gliffy’s basic version is $7.99 per month, while the team is $4.99 per month.
One of the most professional and heavyweight wireframing tools that maximum professional use globally, is Photoshop by Adobe. It is pixel-based which handles a lot of things from digital painting to editing and so on. The best reason why you should use Photoshop for your wireframing is that it lets you create an easy high-fidelity structure without having the need to switch design systems.
- With Photoshop design the UI components with the help of the elements that Photoshop has.
- It is the best tool in terms of its raster image editing skills.
- The price of using this tool is $9.99 per month.
Moqups is also a web-based platform whose price is around $13 for personal use per month, and $19 for creative use per month. It is one platform that lets you work collaboratively with wireframes, prototypes, and mockups ranging from low-fidelity to high fidelity. It has these elements:
- It has a comprehensive library that allows you to build wireframes quickly and easily using widgets and shapes from the library.
- It lets you drag and drop the images from your mobile or desktop into in-built designs, creating them into interactive designs.
- It provides users with ample font choices, and it also integrates Google fonts into its mixture.
- It works in real-time so collaborating is easy as you get feedback instantly. It also lets you jump from wireframes to diagrams to mockups with ease.
- It is simple to use and learn.
For your new wireframe, use one of these tools and get instant and effective results.